Saturday, January 5, 2008

What is this?

Today was the day I realized that I can't possibly keep up. Staying informed, community service volunteerism, reducing-reusing-recycling, donating a portion of my income, voting for the right candidates, advocating for the right policies, working in public health, raising a sensitive and sensible child -- none of these things will ever be enough. No matter what I do, there is going to be something more I *should* be doing, according to the tenets of political correctness. And my uber-liberal friends, uber-conservative foes, and the media will be only too happy to point out my failures.

So, instead of stewing in my feelings of inadequacy, I've decided to purge them here for you, dear reader. Perhaps you've stumbled upon this page because you're a personal friend, but maybe you've arrived here looking for a kindred soul. Or maybe, you're looking for more ammunition in your Quixotean war against the left-wing. Whatever.

This space will be used for me to vent my displeasure at the latest report on another way that my lifestyle (and that of my countrymen) is somehow ruining everything for everyone else.

No comments: